Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Skeletons in My Closet

  

We are in the process of doing some spring cleaning around here!  We are cleaning out closets and moving some things around.  I am finally getting my own sewing room.  I have always had an area for sewing that was a shared space with our family room, but now I will have my own room with a door to close and no kids in it (hopefully)!

In the middle of cleaning out my HUGE storage closet I may have come across something a bit embarrassing...not embarrassing like you don't want anyone to know, but embarrassing like you didn't realize HOW much there was.  

Do you ever see a fabric line and fall in love??  Like really fall in love...like you need at least a yard of each print the second that it pops up on Etsy.  Well I have 3 lines like that.  

1. Flea Market Fancy by Denyse Schmidt- Everyone's favorite and thankfully just recently re-printed so we could all replenish out stashes.

2. Wee Play by Sandy Klop of American Jane for Moda - The little rulers and vintage colors are just too stinking adorable.

3. Katie Jump Rope also by Denyse Schmidt- Everyone's 2nd favorite line.  Hopefully you were around when it first came out and got yours because if you didn't you'll have to trade one of your children to score some.

Thankfully I managed to track down some Katie Jump Rope, little by little   Some I paid a bit for, but not much more than retail.  Every time I saw a little bit on Etsy for a nice price I would pick it up, wait for it to arrive, pet it for a day or so and then carefully place it into it's airtight container with all of the coordinating prints.  Same thing with the Wee Play.

Well today my little obsession may have come to light...



How in the world did I end up with this much?!  I was going to get enough to make one quilt from each line.  Where did I go wrong?!!  More importantly, how much did I spend?!  I tried to hide it from my husband while he carried things in and out of my new sewing room....oh, the shame.....

But since I had it out I photographed them (like they were my children) so I could share the pictures with you!  I am not sure what I will make with it.  I did make a sampler quilt with some of my precious Wee Play, but not sure what I will make with the rest.  Or with the Katie Jump Rope for that matter, but it will be amazing!  Maybe a patchwork car cover??  Although, I'm pretty sure that after my sisters read this post, I will find myself reluctantly sharing with them...

     In the mean time it will stay tucked away in my closet...waiting for a project worthy of the worlds prettiest fabrics.  :)

Cherie

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

8 comments:

  1. They are lovely and yes, you will now be sharing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful fabrics! I am jealous that you have a sewing room with a door! Post pics when you are done with it. I would love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will be sure to post pics! Even without it being organized I am enjoying closing the door. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm so jealous of your Wee Play Stash -- those rulers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! I love them too!!! I am actually going to cut some up for an end of year gift for my sons preschool teacher! I will post a picture when it is all done. :)

      Delete