9 days until Christmas! I can't believe how fast this month has gone!
Today I have the third, and final, in the series of Christmas Pillows (all with 2 1/2 inch scraps). This one is my favorite! I saw a few pillows and quilts similar to this one on Pinterest and decided to give it a try! Once I cracked the code, I thought I better share the measurements! :)
Here is a pattern for you! All of the measurements are including 1/4 inch inseams. These are the actual sizes you want to cut your fabric. HST = half square triangles.
1. I started with 12 - 2.5 inch squares of Christmas colored fabric and 12 squares of a neutral fabric. I used Kona in Snow (because that's what I had leftover from my Vintage Holiday Quilt). I made 24 half square triangles.
2. Once finished, the half square triangles measure 2 inches square. Now lay them out in a pleasing pattern (as pictured).
3. Start sewing them together in rows (as pictured).
4. Referring back to the pattern above add on the end pieces to each row (neutral colored fabric).
5. Now for the the tree trunk (use the measurements from our pattern above).
6. When I proudly showed this to my 5 year old son he said "Where's the star?!" So I had to add a star! Following the pattern start making your adorably tiny star (it's not as painful to make as it looks). The finished star measures 2 1/4 inches. Each piece is 1 inch square, for the HST's start with 1.5 inch pieces and trim accordingly.
7. Don't forget your end (neutral colored) pieces, now add your star.
8. Next add all of the borders (according to the pattern).
9. And there you have it! The front of your adorable Christmas pillow! To finish it up, please take a peek at my other post here.
Here all of the Christmas pillows together! I hope you enjoy! They really were so fun to make and I used up a ton of my leftover scraps!
Happy Holidays to you and your family!